Friday, December 31, 2004

Maudlin New Year

Well, it's New Year's Eve. No resolutions, no party, just hanging at home with my family (or most of it) and Jenn. We did some pretty exciting stuff today, let me tell you. Jenn had to drive me home - no, before you ask, I didn't get drunk.

I have this song going through my head. It's sort of a depressing song, but it's New Year's Eve and this song is about New Year's, so I guess it fits.

"So this is the new year, and I don't feel any different...."

Well, I do, but also not really. The New Year really started for me when college started. Don't mean to get all maudlin on everyone, (I say everyone, but I really have no idea who reads this. I get the feeling not many people do. Maybe I'll have to do a roll call sometime.) but college is totally the most funnest and best thing that's happened to me thus far in my (admittedely rather narrow) life. I really really love it. I can't imagine going anywhere besides Messiah or hanging out with anyone other than my friends. I think I might finally be past the point of saying "Can you believe we're in college?!" Now I'm just saying, "Can you believe how much fun college is?!" I love it so much it almost makes me sad, because it'll eventually end.

Crap. I did get all maudlin. Stopping now! Going to play a game or watch a movie or something.
Happy New Year's! Can't wait to see everybody again, even if it does mean going back to classes and having homework!

1 comment:

Captain Shar said...

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!