Tuesday, December 07, 2004

SpongeBob

Jess: you are insane.

That said, it's a good kind of insane.

Jess got this idea that we should go to Burger King tonight because Sponge Bob was coming. For a reason I don't know, I agreed, and we made plans. We tried to convince a lot of other people to come too, but only Liz would come with us. Everybody gave us these stupid excuses about homework. Psh. I mean, what college student ever does homework?

Sponge Bob was there! He was large, and yellow, and sort of squarish. Liz took pictures of me and Jess with Sponge Bob, and as we were leaving, Jess says,

"Thanks buddy! I wish I knew if you were a man or a woman!"

As you can imagine, Liz and I just died laughing. It was such a blunt, incredibly rude thing to say. And so funny!

Then Jess and Liz and I frolicked back to Messiah listening to "It Might Be Giants" (Boy are they unique!) and laughing. We somehow got onto the subject of skanking (which, for those of you who don't know, is a type of dancing typically done to ska music) and, after she parked her car, Jess showed us how to skank. Liz caught on fairly quickly. Me? Um.... Not so much. The dreaded curse of homeschooling! I can't dance, never will dance, and have decided I don't care to try. Not even the polka, thank you very much!

So after we danced up and down my hallway to the Supertones (skanking and polkaing) and screamed, and acted like theatre majors, and in general made my floor wonder what the crap we were smoking (I never talk to any of them, and say nothing to anyone, and am a recluse), we decided to read a play. Little Women. Yeah. Three theatre majors - and me. It was interesting. I still can't act, but it was pretty freaking fun. Then we decided to grab four random plays, and alternate reading a line out of each of them. It was pretty funny at times, but at others it just didn't make sense.

Ah well, I can't act, I can't dance, but I have crazy theatre major friends, so I guess it's all good.

"Thanks buddy! I wish I knew if you were a man or a woman!"

[chuckle]
Priceless.

1 comment:

Captain Shar said...

Hey! I didn't give homework as an excuse! At least, not unless you count rehearsing a scene homework. I was also honest: I wasn't entirely convinced of how thrilled I would be with SpongeBob. Hang around theatre majors long enough, and you'll learn how to act. You're already improving.