Saturday, January 01, 2005

The Approach of Doom

Brandon is coming!

Jenn claims that she's being annoying by talking continually about it. I said, "It's not annoying, it's Cute!" To which she replied, "I"m not sure which is worse."

I really have been saying "Cute" (with a capital C) a lot lately. I've stopped myself from saying I love people to death, because that is a southern phrase akin to "Bless your heart". And we all know what that means! (Or, for those I haven't ranted about this to, it means "You've just done something incredibly stupid and socially unacceptable but we forgive you because you're just stupid and can't really help it") I still say "Cute" though. And I've started saying "Nice" (also with a capitalized first letter) as a sort of exclamation. It drives me nuts. "Nice" means nothing at all, which is why it's so useful (you can say "Nice" to something you think is totally stupid and no one would be any the wiser if you controlled your inflections right) but at the same time it's so aggravating to say nothing as an exclamation. So it's useful but annoying. How to solve this dilemma? Actually, I don't think I will. I think I'll go one saying "Nice" until it drives me completely bonkers after which I'll start saying something else, like "Awesome" or "Rad" until it drives me completely bonkers.

Have a Nice day.

No comments: