Sunday, December 26, 2004

Mmhmm

Well, for Christmas I got Relient K's new album. It's quite good. Don't even get me started on how fantastic the visual aspects of the cover design and CD design are. I love 'em. They're simple, but nonetheless fantastic.

My favorite bits of songs:

"So here I sit looking at the traffic lights / the red extinguishes the hope that the green ignites I want to run away I want to ditch my life / Cause all of my mistakes keep me awake at night / and after all of my alibis desert me / I just want to get by / I don't want nothing to hurt me / I had no idea where my head was at / But if my heart says I'm sorry can we leave it at that / because I just want for all of this to end [....] All of my escapes have been exhausted / I thought I had a way but then I lost it / and my resistance was once much stronger / and I know I can't go on like this much longer."
- I So Hate Consequences

"and I've been housing all this doubt / and insecurity / and I've been locked inside that house / all the while you hold the key / and I've been dying to get out / and that might be the death of me / and even though there's no way of knowing / where to go / I promise I'm going."
- Be My Escape

And, my two personal favorites.....

"I feel like / I would like / to be somewhere else doing something that matters / and I'll admit here while I sit here / my mind wastes away and my doubts start to gather / what's the purpose / it feels worthless / so unwanted like I've lost all my value / I can't find it / not in the least bit / and I'm just scared, so scared that I'll fail you / and sometimes I think that I'm not any good at all / and sometimes I wonder why, why I'm even here at all"
- More than Useless

"And this is how I choose to live / As if I'm jumping off a cliff / Knowing that you'll save me / Knowing that you'll save me / And after all the stupid things I did / There's nothing left there to forgive / Because you already forgave me / Yeah you already forgave me / Just keep driving / leave this defeat miles behind me / so far back I'd have to rack my mind just to remind me / I keep trying / To pick myself back up and then move on / and think about the life I'll have when this fragile one is gone / Never forget / There's life after death / and taxes / and forgiveness comes / then all of the rest is what passes away / death and decay can't touch us now / every breath I inhale is followed by exhaling / Sure as the one who never fails, I know will never fail me."
- Life After Death and Taxes

Yep, there's lotsa good stuff on this CD, especially if you actually like Relient K. Highly recommended, in my humble opinion.

Oh, another good line....
"And lately the weather has been so bi-polar and consequently so have I."
- High of 75

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, there. It's Liz. That's a great line (the bipolar one). :) Hope you're all better. See you soon.
--Liz
http://the-pink-death.blogspot.com

Mackenzie said...

I'm feeling much better. Now I just sound like Frankenstein drowning in phlegm. = )

Yay for starting a blog!

Boy.... I miss you guys....