Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas Eve Eve

For those of you who are so avidly waiting to hear the state of my health, good news! I feel much much better, although I sound much much worse! Imagine Frankenstien. Now imagine Frankenstein with a head cold. Now imagine Frankenstein with a head cold on helium. That's about how I sound. I'm actually finding it rather amusing, since I don't feel miserable.

Our tree is up, and beautifully decorated. We fulfilled the age-old Martin ritual of turning off the lights and listening to Christmas music while gazing at our beautifully lit tree. We've begun wrapping presents, and placing them sparsely around the bottom of the tree. Most of the presents wait in hiding until Christmas eve, when they make their furtive appearance. That is, they try to be furtive and fail miserably, as we usher them in with lots of mysterious comments. A sample of a typical Christmas eve conversation at the Martin household:

Aaron: "You'll love what I got you!"
Avery: "What is it?"
Aaron: "I'm not telling!"
Avery: "Can I shake the box?"
Aaron: "No way!"
Avery: "I wanna know what it is!"
Aaron: "You'll see tomorrow!"

It goes on, but that's about the gist of the 45 minute discussion that almost inevitably follows.

And now, I go to wrap presents and instigate just such a discussion....

No comments: