Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Day

Well, today was great. It was everything anticipated and more! Mom woke us up at 7 am instead of the planned 8 am because she just couldn't wait any longer to give Aaron his puppy. She was as excited as a ten year old! It was fantastic. We all crowded into Aaron's room where he was peacefully and unsuspectingly sleeping, and Mom put the puppy on his bed. Aaron sort of woke up and stared at us, patently saying "What?!" He thought at first it was one of our cats, and actually had to be told "You got a puppy" before he looked around and actually observed what was happening. His face broke into a disbelieving grin, and he grabbed his glasses and took a long look at the puppy, petting it and (I think) still wondering if he was asleep. It was a great start to Christmas.

We fulfilled our traditions, although not singing this year. That was kind of sad, but considering the circumstances, understandable. I got a digital camera for Christmas! It is a fantastic camera! And I'm so so excited! Now I'll actually take pictures of my friends and send them home. They'll be able to associate faces with names. That'll cut down on the number of amusing confusions. I better do something to make up for how obnoxious I was with the camera today. I took tons of pictures and videos of perfectly normal stuff. It was great.

And now, on to the rest of Christmas with my family. We're totally just chilling after an afternoon at Grandma and Grandpa's, where we played "Apples to Apples" and ate tons of amazing food. If I'm hungry tomorrow, it'll be a miracle. Oh yes, you Martin/Horsts know how much we eat at family get-togethers! The entire thing revolves around the food. Grandma surpassed herself this time. It was wonderful. My tummy is very happy.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: