Sunday, December 05, 2004

My Day Today

Well, today has been quite a day! The highlights:

I spent about three hours at lunch today with Jess and Sharon and Liz. They taught me several fascinating theatre major games. Hilarious theatre majors! I love them! I was absolutely rolling on the ground laughing! I would seriously be a theatre major just for the joy of being flamboyant and ridiculous, and hanging out with such great, random people! It's so freaking awesome!!!

Now if I could just act! If I could just throw myself into other people, into random roles, into random exercises, the way I can lose myself in a book or a painting, or follow through with random impulses like eighties day. I mean.... Yeah, I would be at least a theatre minor. Just for the sheer joy of insanity!

Then, when I thought all the excitement was over and I would just have to go do my homework, Jonny decided to come visit! So he hung out for a good while, and went to the Inklings meeting, which was great fun. Everyone was being brilliant as usual, and funny as usual, and it was great. Especially the vision of a little red man running around with a plough on his back, and every time he stopped, he would just swing it down and began plowing as if his life depended on it. Even funnier is the picture of a crowd of these little red men plowing as if their lives depended on it. And the floors of their houses would have to be dirt, so they could plow whenever they wanted. And the little red wives would matter-of-factly tramp down the dirt again. And the little red men would plow it up again. Round and round the mulberry bush. Or around the kitchen table as the case may be.

Yeah, the image just makes me die laughing! I feel like I need to write a story about it. And then a version of Tristan and Isolte (or Tristram and Isolde as the case may be). But before that, I need to go to sleep. Goodnight all you random people who read my blog! (Or wait.... Maybe that's good morning.)

P.S. Just for a random fact, the spell check on this thing does not recognize the word "blog." How's that for ironic?

No comments: