Thursday, December 02, 2004

Apology

In order to make up for my last post, which sounded extremely panicked, here's a nice long one. All about the eighties. You lucky person you!

So, Jess and I were talking on IM Monday night about (what else?) mullets and Matt's mullet in particular. We decided that, unfortunately, it wasn't feasible to break into his room with a crowd of people, handcuff him, drag him outside and cut his hair. Nor was Chad likely to be bribeable. So we came up with an alternative plan: we'd get a lot of people together, dress up in eighties' clothes with the freaky sideways ponytails, and surprise him at lunch or something.

Keep in mind, this was at 1:30 in the morning. It seemed like an absolutely brilliant idea, and we couldn't imagine anyone disagreeing. Next day, a grumpy phone call and several skeptical looks later, we were wondering if two people in eighties garb were enough to make our point. What was our point? Keep wondering. I don't think we knew ourselves. Partially it was to enjoy the hilarity of the situation, partly it was to make up for mocking Matt so badly the day before, and I swear part of it was brought on by sheer theatre-major-ness. Granted, I'm not a theatre major, but four of my closest college friends are theatre majors, so I've been exposed to lot of radiation - I mean, foolishness. = )

We did, however, rally Sharon, Kaitlin, Stacy, and Lucy. Sharon decided to dress up too, and donated several valuable and brightly-colored scrunchies to the cause. Lucy even wore her hair in a sideways ponytail! Kaitlin I think dressed up, but it's kinda hard to find eighties clothes on such short notice. Stacy enjoyed watching us.

Jess decided that she was going to call Chad and make him make sure Matt was at breakfast the next morning, since that was the only meal on Tuesday we could all get together. I only heard Jess's half of the phone conversation, but let me tell you, it was freaking funny! Jess deserves one hundred points for bravery. Calling up a guy you barely know and delivering an anonymous message? Yeah.

The look on Matt's face was absolutely priceless when he walked in and saw all of us at the table all eighties looking. I have no idea what it meant, but it was funny. We all went to chapel together and enjoyed the stares of friend and foe alike. It was rather fun. In fact, it was so much fun I went and got my yearbook picture taken - yes, all dressed up. Hey, if I don't have proof of some kind, no one will ever believe me.

Suckers. You might have guessed I had it in me somewhere. = )

2 comments:

Captain Shar said...

Of course you had it in you somewhere. And what's this about theatre majors and radiation?

Mackenzie said...

That's hilarious! I had no idea 80's apparel was so easy to get ahold of. Of course, I was BORN in the 80's, so I wasn't exactly up on fashion at that point.