Monday, July 31, 2006

give me the learnings about the alphabets or i'll crush you!

No, I haven't been playing Civ III lately. Or any other version for that matter. I've been trying to figure out how I can stretch my fun stuff - writing my book, painting, doin' a little sewing, that kind of thing - into eight hours a day so I don't feel guilty.

That's the thing about having a job, even if it is only 20-30 hours a week. After it's over, I can just putter around and do what I feel like, and if I play some video games or read a fun book in between half hours of writing, who's to say I can't? I already worked for the day, right? Now it's kind of serious. I don't have a job, but if I make the massive investment of time into my book that I'd normally make to my job, maybe it'll be like an investment, and someday I'll be able to sell it and pay for college. Eight hours a day just seems like really a lot.

Also, I miss having a job because when I had one, I got out of mowing the lawn. = )

No comments: