Sunday, July 09, 2006

don't shoot me, man! i'm a graceful slow dancer, and not real at all.

So I rented the new Pride and Prejudice last night.

First, my favorite quotes:

"First, I must tell you that I have been the most comprehensive and unmitigated ass." (I mean, who doesn't start a proposal that way? It's the height of style! And seeing Mr. Bingley rehearsing his proposal to Mr. Darcy? Cutest thing EVAR! Especially when Mr. Bingly addresses Mr. Darcy as "Miss Bennet." And Mr. Darcy answers to it!)

"Indeed, more rational, but rather less like a ball." (Oooh, dissed. But dissed so logically.)

I typed out this long analyzation, but as I was reading through it to spell-check, I realized it was really kind of boring, and that at the end of it I would have felt compelled to apologize for being so boring and long-winded. I've already been quite whiny this week. And, having now had two good, long, unafraid nights of sleep under my belt, i'm feeling quite good about the world. So good I can even refrain from criticizing an abridged version of Pride and Prejudice.

I think that someday, someone is going to be able to figure out a way to be less petty, and then I'm going to copy then ruthlessly. = )

3 comments:

brenderlin said...

Hey, nothing wrong with long-winded movie analyses. That's the only reason my GPA is still good enough to go to this school.

Andrew said...

Pride and Prejudice was funny. Tom Hollander, who played Mr. Collins, was also in the new Pirates movie (which I recommend), along with Keira Knightley, and did a good job.

Anonymous said...

i watched that movie and aaron was actually there, but we made fun of it so much that we got kicked out of the room...