Friday, July 21, 2006

mmrarrg

So I worked ten hours today and I'm really tired. But I figured I need to grab the hours where I may, since they only have me scheduled for fifteen next week.

The big walk-in refrigerator at work broke yesterday. All told, we have three refrigerators and two deep-freezes. Except that another one of the refrigerators is already broken. So we this one fridge stuffed full of everything. It sounds boring to just talk about it, but in practice it's difficult and is a serious paradigm shift. Not the pleasant kind.

I feel like this should be a cautionary tale for people who work in the food industry. Girl works in coffee shop. Guys next door come to coffee shop a lot. They call in their order, girl takes order and later gets made fun of for sounding like a seven-year-old on the phone. Guys bring in Dr. Seuss book for girl. Then guys can't remember girl's name. So girl taunts them: 'Mackenzie' isn't a hard name, not unless you're seven. The moral would be Beware the regular customer! Their tongues are sharp and their hunger for caffeine is fierce!

I went to a book discussion last night, where we discussed "Much Ado About Nothing." (I know, not a book.) The lady who led it was pretty hysterical. In talking about Claudio's sudden change in viewing Hero (from soldier's eyes to eyes of love), she talked about ducks. When a duck hatches, the first thing it sees becomes its mother. Guys, she theorizes, are much the same. When a guy is ready to marry, he just latches onto the first thing he sees, and poof! she must be the one! Melissa (for this is the hysterical lady's name) had a series of experiences in college which involved being in the vicinity when guys 'hatched'. It got to be so much of a problem that she and her roommates used to joke about doing a little 'duck-hunting'. I think that's pretty darn witty metaphorical language. (and no, I'm not being sexist. I'm sure it could be applicable to females too.)

'K buh-bye I'm going to go sleep for at least ten hours now.

1 comment:

brenderlin said...

Oh, just to clarify: I hate the MOVIE Dune. The book is very well written, and I enjoyed reading it. The movie, however, is terrible.