Saturday, May 14, 2005

Yeah, so....

Yeah, so, a lot of things have happened, a lot of which I'll probably have to analyze later, and the other half of which was just plain fun. I'm not going to write a lot because Jenn and I are about to watch a movie - right after she stocks up on caffeine. = D Miss all of you - it's so weird being outside the Messiah bubble. And the home bubble. Taylor has a very distinctive smell, did you know that? Does Messiah have a distinctive smell or have I forgotten?

Question: Am I honest enough to be a poet? As Professor Perrin so elegantly put it the other day... Oh crap, I forgot how she put it. Something about "Is this discretion or evasion?" Or something thereabouts. I forgot the exact word she used instead of 'discretion,' but it's rather late at night, so please forgive me.

Question #2 (stolen from Jenn): What if there were no hypothetical questions?

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Poets and writers need not be honest. In fact, for some authors, lying is their stock-in-trade. Imagine a fiction writer who could not tell a lie.

Oversimplifying the point, I know.

Still, true honesty (redundantly) is useful more in poetry than in any other media (in my opinion). Most people would agree that a poet must be much more selective, more "truthful" with their word choice.

Hmm, now I forget where I was going with this... anywho, you're honest enough to be a poet. Let's go with that.

Captain Shar said...

Answer to #1: Poet away.

Answer to #2: I would be sad. Since, however, that is a purely hypothetical state of affairs, I am in actuality very happy.