Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Breathe in....

Can I just say that I'm so incredibly jealous of brilliant people?

But I'm so glad that they're around to make life fun.

Tomorrow: FSM critique and Art History final. Pray for my immortal soul.... Because obviously it's going to be immortally wounded if things don't go well. = )

I'm really stressed right now about my GPA. I know, I know, what does it matter if I'm an honors student or not? What does my GPA matter? As long as I'm getting an education and pursuing my passion? Honestly, I'm not sure, but I'm stressed about it right now. I might, just might, end up with a 3.6, but it's gonna take pretty close to a miracle... or a lot of studying. So right now, I'm going to take a long hot shower, make sure I know when and where my finals are tomorrow, and spend another hour or so studying for my Friday finals - World Civ and Bible, the two that scare me the most.

Can you believe it? We're almost done. We're almost there.

----------------------------------------------------------

Cloud pillars clinging like vines to the sky
Don't cry
We'll walk down the meadow with sunrise inside
So dry your eyes
The winds of all kingdoms meet where we stand

The gray forest people cast off their old clothes
Good-bye
Everything's sleeping as winter draws near
So close your eyes
The mists of all twilights dance close at hand

The rust-coloured river is now slowing down
Going dry
Harvest has lifted the crown from the ground
But don't you cry
The song of the seasons brings life to the land

-----------------------------------------------------------

I feel like an amputee who just ran a 10K race on crutches (only it's my brain that hurts).

2 comments:

Captain Shar said...

I like that poem. Cool. I think I understand it too - it's about the seasons, with some really cool imagery of nature. I think I know the four reasons I like it: 1. I understand it. 2. It's a neat picture that means what it's talking about; not something else.
3. It's not mushy. 4. It moves quickly.

Mackenzie said...

Now if only it WAS considered real poetry by most people. It's song lyrics from Bruce Cockburn. And you're right - it's about a season. Fall. My favorite... Yay! = )