Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ringing

There's a ringing in my ears, and I'm not sure if it's an echo of the office phones or if it's a sign of exhaustion.

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping at night. I'm not sure if it's shock at actually being home, too comfortable a bed, or simply the inability to turn my brain off after it's been racing all day long. It could also be one of those "it's-easier-to-stay-up-than-make-the-effort-to-get-
into-bed-because-I'm-on-a-roll" things. It's certainly not because I've been getting too much sleep. It's to bed at ten and up at six, high-ho, high-ho, then off to work we go....

Class is going to be OK I think. More or less boring - he told us straight out we'd be spending six of the eight weeks on cell functions - but not hard, and really that's all I care about at the moment. I know, I'm a slacker, but it's summer, so I have a great excuse. Plus I'm going to a slacker college, so if I somehow managed to get into a 'hard' class, chances are they'd dumb it down halfway through, or everyone would drop out. Ah well. Thank goodness I'm not going to Calhoun full-time, that's all I'm gonna say.

Work is also going good. I think I'm remembering most of what I'm shown and told. I'm having a hard time learning how to schedule patients because there's so much to know and remember, and when patients call in with odd requests I have simply no idea what to say, but I'm learning and figuring out and all that good stuff. I'm a lot more efficient and quick to learn than the other office ladies expected, which makes me happy. I love exceeding expectations [Can you see me smile? I swear, my smile's so big and white I could blind the neighbors.]. I'm sure I'll have slightly more than I can handle when Dr. Kathy's practice starts up again, but for right now, heck, things are going good, and I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

How come I always get much more done on the days I would swear I have absolutely no time to spare? Today I spent two hours in class, seven hours at work, came home, made dinner, cleaned up the kitchen, tore apart several rooms looking for my embriodery thread (with Mom's help), put two rooms back to together after tearing them apart (also with Mom's help), showered, read, ate three meals, got a parking permit, learned about car insides, how to change oil, batteries, and coolant, and did a load of laundry. Good gog, I feel tired just thinking about it.

And I'm doing it all again tomorrow.... minus the parking permit and plus getting gas.

How on earth do mothers do it all? Mine works and cooks and cleans and gets everyone where they need to be. Like, every week, all the time. Sheez, I feel very tired thinking about that.

I've been thinking about bobbing my hair. Not real short. Maybe about chin length. I dunno though. I like my current haircut alright too. Eh, I guess I'm just playing around with random ideas because, face it, I just don't have enough to think about already. = )

'Night all. Sweet dreams.

No comments: