Sunday, May 29, 2005

RhymeZone

I got a bit bored today, what with holing up in my room to avoid the dog and all, so I thought I'd visit rhymezone.com and have a bit of fun. That fun turned into a lot of ridiculousness, which I will now share with you all.

There once was a carrot,
who got strangled with a garrot.
You see it made enemies political,
On account of its being too analytical.
All falacies in logic,
even from the most demagogic,
were easy for the carrot to decipher.

This poor carrot, however, soon exploded,
for it had been frightfully goaded.
Because it was so hypercritical,
It could not stand anything hypocritical.
When in itself it found a failing,
it began ailing, and wailing, and flailing.

Thank you! Thank you very much! I'll be here all summer! [bows wildly to the left and the right, tries to bow backwards, falls over and knocks herself on the head] Ow!

Thank oo ver' mush, I'w be he' all shummer...
*little floaty star thingies*

4 comments:

Liz said...

Lol! I don't know why, but your ending bit (after the poem) is really funny. "I'll be here all summer!" Hahaha...uh. maybe i need to get out more.

Captain Shar said...

That poem made me happy. I'll take a lesson from poor carrot.

Andrew said...

Ppph. "Carrot" does not rhyme with "Garrot." That... that ruined the poem for me.

(muted weeping and gnashing of teeth)

(Care-it and Gaer-Ott)

Andrew said...

Those don't rhyme either! Garrot is pronounced "Gare (or gaer)- Ott!" Grr! Carrot, on the other hand, does rhyme with share-it and swear-it. But not garrot. No way. No ma'am. Not even close.