Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm Baaaack!

Yep, that's right. I'm here at my house once again.

We have a dog in the house, and I feel violated. I'll never be clean of dogspit again. Have I mentioned that I feel violated?

[sigh] Ah well. I'll endeavor to live peaceably with Maggie. No doubt we'll reach some sort of truce fairly soon. She doesn't jump on me, I don't tie her to a tree upside down. Something like that.

That's OK, I'm at peace with it....


Ah....home.... I puttered in the kitchen tonight. Me. I puttered in the kitchen. Is that not bizarre or what? But I now have one, so I thought I should take advantage of it. I almost feel an urge to clean too, but I know I'll get my fill of that when I unpack all my crap. Oh right, I haven't done any of that yet! Crap. And I start work on Friday. And I have to go shopping tomorrow, although that might actually be enjoyable. And my class starts on Tuesday....

I've been feeling extremely girly lately. I've been oohing and ahing over babies and little kids, wishing I was pretty and attractive and had good fashion sense, and wishing for a kitchen to putter in. I swear, something is seriously wrong. This is like... an attack of the girliness beyond my most horrible nightmares. I'm not dreading going shopping tomorrow! What the crap is wrong with me?!?! Someone help.... Save me....

Gah.... stop... the... girliness....

3 comments:

brenderlin said...

Well, forgive me if this is sexist, or politically incorrect, or whatever, but in all seriousness...Maybe you feel girly because you're A GIRL.

Maybe deep down, all those feminists really WANT to ooh and ahh over babies, look pretty and dress nice, and have a kitchen to "putter around in".

Okay, you can crucify me now.

Mackenzie said...

I know that I'm a girl! I just don't see why all of a sudden I'm acting girly! I've managed quite well for the past 18 years without much of that thank you very much!

And it depends what feminists want - are you speaking of normal feminists or feminazis? The feminazis would crucify you. The normal feminists would acknowledge that all that stuff was never the issue anyway - it was our confinement to within that sphere which was in question. Quite frankly, I'm going to love having a career. If that makes me a feminist, then heck yes, I'm a feminist. But my mother also taught me how to cook.

No Jess, I don't feel the need to belch and scratch my butt. I don't even feel the need to get new electronic toys or play sports.

Oh p'shaw. As if you're not beautiful! Silly Jess.

Why yes, that is a picture of Bryce Canyon. Very astute of you to pick that up. I love Bryce Canyon.

Liz said...

Mackenzie, can I just say how much I love you right now? Yeah. A lot. "I'm at peace with it..." You make me happy.

That said, let me be the first to step up to the plate and crucify Mat(t). Okay, maybe not quite. But, personally, I don't really want to putter around in a kitchen. Not even deep down, as far as I can tell. Now, I do often wish to ooh and aah over littles, look pretty and dress nice, but my unwish to cook things makes me suspect that women (even feminists) are in fact individuals and differ in their desires. I am perfectly willing to believe that there are probably women out there who do not want to wear dresses or ooh and aah at babies. Sexist. ;P
Okay, I'm done. Don't worry, it's not a really-truly rant, with anger and everything. I just thought I should counteract a little of the generalizing. I love you anyway, Mat(t).