Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I feel like...

...I should probably do my posting duty right now.

Honestly, I'm getting next to no writing done this week, which is nice in a way, but I also kinda wanted to get some done so I could still think of myself as a creative person with something to say. Looks like reality is kinda poking its head timidly into my life. Can't say it's a welcome guest, but at least I haven't started to think about needing talent yet - that way lies despair.

Several very interesting situations here. I may brief you later - but then again I get a distinct feeling it isn't really any of my business. Sometimes I curse having a sense of my own place and where my nose belongs and where it definitely does not belong.

I also got a fit of minor people-claustrophobia today. It's a little hard for me not to meet people entirely on my own terms. I'd gotten so used to it at Messiah, what with having to make friends all by myself and all. It was cured pretty quickly with a walk though, and I'll do my best to put on my people-face later this evening and be social. I'm really amazed that any of Jenn's friends approve of me - I've been rather quiet. Not that I'm complaining mind you. I just feel sort of like they're doing it for her sake, and not because I'm me. If all the J-term stuff works out next year I'll have to do something to rectify that. = )

Oh - I saw the Reduced Shakespeare today! I laughed thoroughly and absolutely loved it. It was extremely hilarious, if a bit 'bawdy' on occaision. True to the spirit of Shakespeare in that respect anyway! And (as Lucy would be glad to know), I feel slightly more well-disposed toward Hamlet after seeing his reduced version, even if I do still think the real Hamlet is a jerkface.

Toodles.

No comments: