Wednesday, January 05, 2005

7 am?

Yep, I'm back at Messiah once again, haunting the hallowed halls of guerilla education. I got up at the ungodly hour of 7am to make it to breakfast and class in time. I'm really going to have to use a louder alarm. I don't even remember turning mine off this morning. I just remember looking at the clock and going, "Oh, it's 7:05, did my alarm go off? I should get up" and marvelously enough I managed to do just that.

The trip back was uneventful last night, the planes only booked about half full. I even reached Harrisburg 10 minutes early. I found my baggage OK and they searched the one.... But everything was still there so that's cool. J-term is going to be really interesting I think. It feels good to get back in class. It also feels really good to see my friends again! Breakfast was great because I got to see a lot of people.

Oh! And Kelsey's in my Intro to Graphics Design Problem Solving class! So I'm not alone! Isn't that exciting?

Yes, I'm really REALLY tired.

Some profound insights from Prof. Kasperak:

"You can no longer assume that a photograph is truth."

"Filters are a visual gimmick. Use them only for a very good reason, or better yet, not at all."

And some alternative definitions:

Resolution: Ratio of pixels/in of an image

Tolerance: the amount of color variation (measured in pixels) that the magic wand tool will select when you click in an image.

It struck me as quite funny.

Oh, and for those who haven't seen me yet, I just can't keep it a secret any longer. I GOT MY NOSE PIERCED!!!! Yes, I did! Over break! My parents were surprisingly supportive.... especially Mom. Jenn went with me to get it done, since she was there. Good thing too, because I got nauseous afterwards, and felt like I was going to pass out (I DON'T LIKE NEEDLES) and drove home. On New Year's Day. Fitting way to start the New Year don't you think? I got surprisingly little reaction out of people. I guess it fits me, which is good, because I'm planning on keeping it for a good long while.

On that note, back to class..... Probably more updates to come as I explore the weird and wonderful world of J-term.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I KNEW IT! I knew you pierced your nose, sometime after the second post about Jenn driving you home. I knew it.

Glad to hear it's going well so far. Already finding class funny--that's a good sign.

Thanks for your concern/encouragement.