Sunday, January 23, 2005

Better Late Than Never

So, it's been a long time since I posted. Sorry about that. A lot of distracting events have ..... distracted me.

Aaron's in the hospital right now, so that was definitely distracting news. He's doing OK, though I haven't heard directly from anyone for a couple days.... Mom tried to call me tonight, but I wasn't here. I was going to try and call Dad today, but again I was distracted. So.... I guess tomorrow is my day to call home and call Birmingham to see what's happening.

Tonight, I was studying in the mac lab, and I suddenly realized that it was really quiet, and it was eleven o'clock at night, and there was absolutely no one else in the building.... It totally creeped me out. I mean, it was really, really creepy. Big echo-y hallways, big dark windows..... Definitely creepy.

And.... there's tons of snow right now. I just went for a walk with Liz, and I'm totally freezing. We got about two inches I think. Maybe two and a half. They were heralding a blizzard, but really it only rated as a snowstorm. Gorgeous though. Absolutely gorgeous. A couple days ago we had some snow, about an inch, and it was these huge, fluffy snowflakes, so that the sky seemed white, and you couldn't help catching snowflakes on your tongue. Every time you opened your mouth it was filled. None of that silly chasing around stuff.

The book cover project is.... Hard. It's honestly not going so hot right now, even though I'm working as hard as I can on it.... Ok, maybe not that hard. But I'm working as hard as is reasonable.

We had a game day today in the Union. It was a lot of fun. We also had literary group meeting, and that was good too. Andrew had a story mostly finished (2nd draft) to read to us, and it was really really good. I want to read it over sometime at leisure, to get a closer critical look at it, but I was impressed.... And Lucy had a story too, a short letter from a soldier to his sister, that was incredibly eloquent and poetic. Sort of sad and noble. Almost a martyr's voice. I was highly impressed with that as well. I had the first draft of a story too, but I didn't get to share it.... We sort of ran out of brains to listen and evaluate. Maybe next meeting we'll have time.

Alright then. I realize that I'm rambling, so I'm gonna head to bed. My face is finally thawing and I can smile again. I'd forgotten faces could get that cold. I've revised my sleeping-in-the-cold-and-never-waking-up theory. It would probably hurt a bit. My legs were sort of stinging, and my face was too. There are numerous ways to get around it though, I'm sure. I could propound them, but I don't want to creep anyone out. = ) It was gorgeous. Good enough. And now I'm going to bed.

No comments: