Thursday, January 13, 2005

Another Rainy Day

So.... I don't really feel like writing anything. But I promised myself I would write something every day, even if it was short and stupid. And it didn't necessarily have to be in my blog, but I would actually have to concentrate if I wrote in something besides my blog.

Lucy was kind enough to invite me to her house this weekend, since it's a long weekend, so I'll be out of touch much of the time. I think we're leaving sometime tomorrow afternoon, and I'm not sure exactly when we're getting back.

We got our new IGDPS project assignment, and it's a doozy. We have to lay out four spreads in a magazine-type format, using text that he selected. That's eight pages total, using boring text. We have to use exactly five images, choose and arrange four pull-quotes, use a consistent grid to design the spreads, proofread, print, oh, choose our own typeface (of which we can use only one), and.... and.... and.... And it's really intimidating. I mean, it's totally cool that we get to do this, but I would've preferred to choose my own text, especially considering all the other limitations. It's ten times larger and harder than our last project, and I think we were all sort of in shock. It seemed rather unfair of him to slap that much work on us, even though he did give us more than two days to do it in this time. This time, we have until Wednesday. Which wouldn't be so bad, except I'll be gone all weekend.... Ah well. It'll work itself out. He said that if we mastered this project we should think about changing our majors....

So. Scary project, and instead of working on it, I'm blogging! That will be remedied soon. I am headed to the Mac lab!

No comments: