Friday, January 07, 2005

Nose Piercing

This nose piercing thing turns out to be fraught with more danger than I expected. It fell out sometime last night or this morning, and I didn't notice until breakfast. I searched high and low, but at this point I think the chances of me recovering it are slim indeed. I didn't realize it would be so hard to keep track of. I thought, oh, once in it's in for good. Apparently not. So.... Genius that I am, I stuck an earring in to keep the skin from closing until I can get a new um.... nose-piercing thing (do they have a technical name? It's not a nose ring because it's not actually a ring. So what is it?). It's working, more or less, but I feel sort of silly with an earring in my nose, and it's a little bit thinner than the real nose-piercing thing was, so if I leave it in for a long time there'll be problems getting the actual post (That must be it! Nose post! Sounds like hitching post.) in. Ah well. You do what you can do.

In other news, I have high hopes of seeing Liz again today! She might (finally) make it back to Messiah! Her journey hither has been fraught with the utmost bad luck, or just bad timing. I say that, but I don't really believe in luck....

Oh, funny thing happened today. My roommate calls and asks, "hey, can you blow up balloons?" I said, "Yeah. Why?" She said, "Well, it's Sarah's birthday and we want to fill her room with balloons but Jaime and I are having trouble. Can you come help?" Of course I agreed, and had a fun time blowing up balloons. Abby even accosted some random people walking down the hallway to help. I thought it was a really creative idea, and I think we should steal it. It's a really funny way to celebrate someone's birthday.

Well, I'm off to work, and then I'm going to attempt to work on my second IGDPS project. It's an interesting one, that's for sure. More info later.

1 comment:

jemmo said...

I think the guy called it a nose bone. And you can get another one at any jewelry store, really. Sorry I haven't been e-mailing, but I was rearranging my eighth of the room (or ought it to be sixteenth), and so Stupid was unplugged. Obviously we're back online now.