Sunday, January 23, 2005

Life, in General

Well, life is good I suppose. I'm finally making headway on my book cover project. I now have about eight permutations of my original four ideas. Not bad for..... twelve hours work? Wow, that's a lot of work in two days, on the weekend.... And I've still had time for fun. Yay for fun.

I went sledding today with Lucy and Sharon. It was tons of fun. We took lunch trays (someone on Lucy's floor had stolen them) and went up to cemetery hill. It looked pretty scary, but, after seeing Lucy and Sharon try it twice with no ill effects, I tried it. It was a blast! The best was when we formed a chain, linking legs and attempting to sled. I say "attempting" because .... it.... didn't .... quite work. We lost trays, we fell over, turned around backwards, and only made it halfway down the hill one time. That was the best. We stopped halfway down, laughing our heads off and crushing poor Lucy, who started out at the back but ended up in front. The trays went flying down the hill, coming to rest painfully far out of reach. Ah, the laughter. We just lay there for a bit, staring at the sky, which was that beautiful perfect clear blue, fading down to violet and sort of white, with the moon hanging high in the sky. It was the most subtle sunset I've ever seen. "Sledding by light of the moon" as Lucy put it.

So I'm pretty tired right now, but I still feel the need to work. I couldn't stand staring at any more book covers for a while though. Therefore, I think I'll go revise some of my writing. I feel like writing. Writing is good.

1 comment:

Captain Shar said...

Hurrah for sledding, and our wondrous blue steeds! I almost said trusty, but I don't think they were quite that.