Monday, January 03, 2005

Breathe

Amazing to think that I'm headed back to school tomorrow! I'm excited and nervous, and definitely ready to go and get the trip over with. I'm starting to get that uprooted feeling again, and I don't like it so much. I want to be settled in somewhere for a good long while again. I also feel like I'm having an identity crisis. Me! I'm having an identity crisis! Grrrr....

My brothers started school today. Poor guys. I almost envy them though. They go right back to the subjects they studied before Christmas. I'm totally freaking out at the thought of Intro to Graphic Design Problem Solving. The whole "AAHHH whatifIcan'tdoit whatifIscrewup whatifItotallyflunk" thing is back.... I really am just indescribably nervous. An entire zoo's worth of butterflies has taken up abode in my stomach. I'm thinking it's good that my prof is a prof I had last semester so I know sort of what to expect from him. He's my advisor too, which is kind of nice. He's a funny guy and pretty laid back. And there's a little bit of continuity in the fact that I'll have the same room and the same roommate.

What?! Laundry?!?! Again?! Birthday presents? What? You mean I won't be here for Aaron's birthday? Huh? Packing? I need to pack? Oh crap....

Breathe in....
Breathe out....
Don't let it get to you. One thing at a time.
Breathe in....
Breathe out....

3 comments:

Liz said...

I know it. I'm freaking out, too. AAAHHH!!! It's okay. We'll make it through. SOMEHOW...

Anonymous said...

Hey Mackenzie, this is Edward again. I was wondering if you would like your blog to be linked to by my website? The site isn't finished yet, but will be soon. I know some people like to publish their thoughts to the world and since this is such an active blog, I thought it would be good. It's up to you.

Mackenzie said...

Well, if you're sure you want my sort writing and life thoughts to be linked to your website, then sure. You're more than welcome to link them. I'm sure you're scrupulous about giving credit to authors and things like that.... = )