Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Neuroses

Liz was talking about neuroses the other day. I think neuroses are fun. Well.... They're amusing at least. I suggested we should find a psychiatrist to torment this weekend. That might be amusing too. = )

My Catalog of Neuroses:
(well, the top four anyway. Hang on, I might be able to come up with a fifth. )

1. Perfectionism
2. Self-esteem
3. Horrible Mood-Swings
4. Fiddly-ism
5. Don't-Like-Dogs-ism

And yes, Fiddly-ism is a neurosis. It's the most deadly of them all. If you don't get diagnosed and treated early on for Fiddly-ism, it can lead to terrible consequences. You might end up with a favorite pencil you can't write without, because you've always fiddled with it while writing. Thankfully my favorite pencil is a mechanical pencil, so as long as I don't lose it, it will live forever. Think what a tragedy it would be if my favorite pencil eventually ceased to be!

Ok, so I made up the fifth one.

2 comments:

jemmo said...

So what do I have? Obsessive-reading-ism? Don't-like-small-children-ism? Caffiene addiction (oh, wait. I think that one's real, too)? Can't-stand-my-roommates-ism? Compulsive-blogging-ism?

Mackenzie said...

Oh dang. I forgot obessive-blog-posting-ism. That would've made a really good fifth one. or obsessive-blog-reading-ism.