Sunday, January 02, 2005

Be My Escape

Well, Jenn is off on her way to Taylor. Brandon and Kyle arrived last night about 7:30 this time, and left about 11:00 this morning. I hope they have a good trip. They start classes tomorrow morning. Poor Taylorites. = )

For what it's worth, I definitely approve of Brandon. Jenn and Brandon make a really cute couple. I wasn't sure what to expect, but from what I saw, Brandon is a personable, funny, thoughtful guy. (I won't say it - but you know what I'm thinking, Jenn!) = )

And.... now the house feels really empty. I mean, yeah, I like alone time, but there are some people who are so close to me that being with them is like being alone, only.... not lonely. Ah well. I'll just go bury myself in a book or something (if I can find one that I haven't already read like five times) and look forward to next Christmas.

_______________________

I've given up on giving up slowly
I'm blending in so you won't even know me
Apart from this whole world that shares my fate

And this one last bullet you mention
Is my one last shot at redemption
Cause I know to live you must give your life away

And I've been housing all this doubt
And insecurity

And I've been locked inside that house

All the while you hold the key

And I've been dying to get out

And that might be the death of me
And even though there's no way of knowing
Where to go I promise I'm going


Because
I got to get out of here
I'm stuck inside this rut that I fell into by mistake
I got to get out of here
And I'm begging you
I'm begging you
I'm begging you to be my escape

I've given up on doing this alone now
Cause I've failed and I'm ready to be shown how
You've told me the way, and now I'm trying to get there

And this life sentence that I'm serving
I admit, that I'm every bit deserving
But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair


Be My Escape, Relient K

2 comments:

jemmo said...

Sorry I didn't get to read this earlier... power went out for a day or so, and my computer's been fritzing since before that. So glad you approve. Brandon was worried.

Mackenzie said...

HE was worried?! Really? lol. I... I'm not sure I want to know what he thinks of me. I didn't talk enough I don't think, to make any sort of good impression. But I suddenly had no words to say. I still have no words to say. They just dried up sometime over break. I mean.... Here I am, surrounded by hilarious people, but I have absolutely nothing to say. So sad.