Wednesday, January 03, 2007

outside in the starshine you can see beyond the wall

I have lost track of the days. I'm pretty sure this is 2007 because we just had a New Year's dinner a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure it's still January. That's all. Is this normal? I wonder if people who go into retirement feel like they're losing their minds. Seriously, I'm forgetting names and words and excerpts from the Bedford Glossary of Literary Terms right and left. Pretty sure I need to do something with my brain in the very near future or I'm going to turn into a quivering mass of jelly.

And you know, even though I didn't have much time to be social last semester at school, I'm missing what social time I did have. I think I said maybe ten sentences today. Also I keep thinking of so many of you all back at Messiah and eating dinner together, and I'm jealous. = )

But maybe I should just start writing, eh? And that will keep me occupied, and drain me of any lazy words that might be lying around? I hope all of you are ready for the semester to start again. Doesn't it start soon? I don't remember when school starts. I don't remember what day it is. But I hope you're ready, because school rarely waits for things like non-scheduled brains.

1 comment:

Captain Shar said...

The Ireland people should be there by now, and main campus arrival is next Tuesday, classes on Monday.

Do you have my cell phone number? We could call each other over the next semester, if you find yourself still unsocialized despite Italy.