Saturday, January 20, 2007

"one day i was satisfied with my little ponies. the next i painted them black and burned them."

- Scary Go Round

For those of you who have received My Little Pony RPG points, beware. Someday you will be taken down off the shelf, forego all your sparkles, and be painted an angsty, soul-crushing black.

So I'm back in AL. In one way I guess it's a sign of a successful trip that I really hated leaving Messiah again. In the more obvious way, it just kind of sucks. But I was still really glad to visit. And what kind of wild coincidence is it that they were having the artist's talk and the minnemingo party the same day we were there? And I was glad that some of my family got to see my house and meet my housemates (except Ruth, who was in Seattle). Props to my housemates for being so cool about visitors even when they're dying of homework (it's a terrible malady, it's true).

My new favorite MST3K : Danger! Death Ray. Pretty much it's even better than Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell (who turn out to be good guys).

I need to get out more. I'm thinkin' I should go to Huntsville and see all those new silver sculptures Aaron said were so cool.... and yes, maybe go to First Bible again even though I'm not into predestination, just for the sheer reason of meeting new people and making life in AL a little more interesting. Yes?

Did I mention Greg owns one of those old Nintendos and also Duck Hunt? Yes. It's true.

Also, today I received shipping confirmation for my Italian books. SCARY! Pretty much I'm freaking out. And then really excited. So. We'll see. Probably it will be great. I'll just have to get over sounding like an idiot.

4 comments:

Captain Shar said...

Yeah, you definitely need to get out a little when you're at home for extended periods of time. I made myself start going to a Bible study at a Presbyterian church, and I found that the people there actually like to do fun stuff together, and are more than happy to include college people for the summer and Christmas. Or actually write the Pretty Pony RPG. I've found that game design pretty much hits the spot between boredom and work.

I'm glad you made it back OK; I was kind of wondering what was going on when you didn't come over Friday night. Although I guessed you were probably just catching up with your old roomies.

Anonymous said...

You were at Messiah and I wasn't there. :( I hope you have mucho funo in Italy (hee hee, like my Italian?)

*beeps Kenzie's nose*

Yay for MST3K. I have a friend who's tried out to be in a movie which, if it's lucky, will end up on that show. But actors do what they can to eat. ;)

Ruth

Anonymous said...

Potremmo anche parlare un po insieme... :) Good luck Italian-learning!

Useful Textures said...

I'm glad I got to see you, even just a little bit. Have an amazing time in Italy!