Wednesday, January 10, 2007

"and the eye of the little bird / glittered more impatiently than gems"

Me [strumming air guitar]: "I'm tired of makin' out on the telephone... and you're so far away from me... "

Aaron: "Well, I'll tell you one thing: pirates don't make out on the telephone. They arrrrrrrr-gue."

Welcome to the Martin household.

(title part of "Unstrung" by Eleanor Wilner)

Today, 1,500 words was like pulling teeth. Mostly, I think, because I have run out of ideas for how the plot goes. Conclusions, as I'm sure Liz will tell you, are terrible and take forever. Yes, although at the end of today I will have around 22,000 words, I'm a week or so away from a conclusion. Pretty much I'm going to have to flesh things out when I go back and rewrite - or something. I'm pretty determined that this will be a full-sized novel.

Yesterday I spilled superglue on my finger, and now it's all shiny and feels weird. It's kind of like fingernail polish, except that it doesn't come off at all.

My mom, brother, and I are coming up to Messiah to visit on January 19 (Aaron's doing the whole honors-program interview thing), so if anyone is around and wants to hang out, that would be cool (although I know J-term can be very intense, so I'm not insulted if I don't see everyone).

Happy new semester. I feel like they should have "happy new semester" mugs that are black as the prospect of more homework. In a very doleful font.

1 comment:

Captain Shar said...

Check your e-mail for my room number and cell number. I'm going to be having my sister over that day, too, because she's coming along with my brother for his interview. But I would love for you to stop by or have lunch with us.