Thursday, December 01, 2005

though i walk through the wilderness

"Arminianism: I chose this shirt!"

H: "I just love this basket. It's so amazing! I wanna put baby wild animals in it."
P: "Like baby cows?"
H: "Like baby bunnies... and kittens... and also muffins."
- Haley and Professor Forsythe

"I saw a kind of rigor in practice, and thought the sacrifice of contentment (which I didn't have anyway) was well worth such serious joy."
- Louise Gluck

"I bought this giant spool of elastic - I don't even remember why. I think I was just excited."
- Amber

I walked into the alley yesterday, went over to the bins of colored resume paper, looked them over, and pulled a few out. I took them over to the guy at the counter and said, "Can I get these copied onto a color transparency?" The guy looked at me, then looked at the paper, then squinted thoughtfully, and said, "Wait... you want me to just copy these blank pieces of paper onto transparencies? Just the blank paper?" I said, "Yes, thanks."

Today in theology class we formed groups (of between 4 and 5 - however that works. Could you get a group of 4.5 people? I think not) and the spokesperson of our group happened to be named Ben. When Ben went up to the board to write down our answers to the discussion questions, he realized he didn't know how to spell "efficiency." (wow... I just discovered that all spellings of efficiency look wrong to me now) So he asked. About five people started telling him how to spell it, and it went through three different (wrong) permutations before, with admirable elegance, he finally wrote "efishancy."

"Paper is wood."

No comments: