Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Thunderstorm Smells

Thank you, Calvin and Hobbes.

Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."
Have you ever heard a truer sentiment? Or how about this one? (They're playing with clay)

Hobbes: "There! I made a tiger."
Calvin: "That's no good. Who's going to buy something like that?! It's subtle! It's boring! It's incomprehensible! How will this ever appeal to the lowest common denominator?! It's completely unadapatable to merchandising tie-ins!"
Hobbes: "Who cares? I just wanted to make it."
Calvin: "WHAT?! Is this some snobby, elitist, aesthetic thing?!?"

Needless to say, that is now the background for my computer screen. Ah yes, those snobby, elitist, aesthetic things. Otherwise known as art....

Today's a good day. I like today. It smells like a thunderstorm. I'd love a thunderstorm. That would be totally cool. Yep... Today was good. Basically done with my history paper, and had no quiz in anthropology today. Food, sleep, music, writing, thinking, listening, talking, all those things have been present in sufficient quantities today. ...Except maybe the sleep bit. Tonight I'm going to a poetry reading, the last in the series, so that should be cool.

I'm totally flipping out at the thought school is so close to done. This week isn't even a full week because of service day. Next week is the last full week of school. Then comes Monday, Tuesday, Reading Day, and exams. After which comes home for a couple days, Jenn's for a couple weeks, then back home again to start work. Yes indeed, this year has flown by, and it looks like it'll only get faster.

You know what? I'm going to go take a nap before dinner. I can do that, because I don't have a lot of work to do. Yes, I think that's an excellent idea.

No comments: