Thursday, April 21, 2005

Conformity

Yes, I've decided that I'm really a conformist at heart. Otherwise why would I be so pleased when people tell me I'm unique and special? In the spirit of my newly discovered conformity, I post the following:

Ask me 3 questions.

Any 3, no matter what sort, and I have to answer them honestly. Otherwise I'll be struck down by lighting or something.

In turn, you have to post this message in your own blog (waived if you have none), and you have to answer the questions that are asked of you. The penalty for noncompliance remains the same - a great and terrible fate, entirely unmentionable.

"Ask me the questions bridgekeeper, I am not afraid!"

----------------------------------------------------------------

And now that that's over with, here I am, telling you about my day yesterday. It was good. Very good. Hymn sing was nice, sitting on lawn was nice, even work wasn't so bad, because when I went, I discovered that I don't have to work tonight.

Yes people, I confess. It's service day at Messiah. We get the whole day off, and I don't even have to go in to work this evening, and guess what? I'm doing nothing. Yes, that's right, absolutely nothing. Absolutely nothing service-y that is. I'm writing my FSM paper, compiling my anthropology and history vocabulary banks, and reading for my life fitness exam. Other than that, absolutely nothing. So you see why I don't exactly feel guilty for doing nothing. I'm really doing a whole lot - just not what I'm supposed to be doing. Perhaps the worst part of it? I don't even feel guilty. Yes, that's right. I don't even feel guilty for depriving someone somewhere of my half-hearted lip-service service. Aren't I a terrible person? Ah well. I'd rather be honest and get my homework done than conform to a stupid idea propagated by the institution and lie.

No comments: