Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Idiot-Proof

It never fails. I post before work, and then I have more to say. I wish I could come up with an idiot-proof time to post. If I post too early, I end up not getting to say everything. If I post too late, I end up sounding depressed.

Mostly, I just wanted to post this quote:

"...and Caesar wasn't a vegetarian!"

[no offense to my vegetarian friends]

And I also wanted to post this, and say that, although I love it when all the ranges are represented (like in the chamber singers, whom I totally loved), I greatly enjoyed the women's ensemble concert.

[those of you who hate lyrics, at least without music, or the excessive repetition of the word snow, you'd better skip ahead here.]

O snow, which sinks so light,
Brown earth is hid from sight
O soul, be thou as white as snow,
O snow, which falls so slow,
Dear earth quite warm below;
O heart, so keep thy glow
Beneath the snow.

O snow, in they soft grave
Sad flow'rs the winter brave;
O heart, so sooth and save, as does the snow.
The snow must melt, must go,
Fast, fast as water flow.
Not thus, my soul, O snow
They gifts to fade like snow.

O snow, thou'rt white no more,
Thy sparkling too, is o'er;
O soul, be as before,
Was bright the snow.
Then as teh snow all pure,
O heart be, but endure;
Through all the years full sure,
Not as the snow.

Also somethin' I been thinkin' of since today... the words just stuck in my head.

2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
Like one from whom men hide their faces
he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

No comments: