Monday, April 18, 2005

Ah, Release

In case any of you are wondering, my internet is being a jerkface at the moment, which is why I'm never online anymore. You may not have been interested at all, who knows? But I thought it might be courteous to alert anyone who I might actually talk to online.

GOOD DAY TODAY! I was feeling rather uncharitable towards my advisor for not informing me that I needed a registration number for Color & Design, but this morning as soon as he got into the office and found my messages he contacted the professor of the class (who apprently dispenses the PIN numbers) and that professor sent me an e-mail containing the PIN number, so I actually got the number before 10:30 this morning, and consequently skipped out on the first half of my history lecture in order to go quick register with it before something else went wrong. So, I'm carrying a full load of credits next semester, and could get into all the ones I wanted except one, which really isn't a bad average. Much better than last semester.

So, registration nightmares are over, I have a job for the summer, my room is clean (I know - amazing. I just couldn't stand the clutter any more though. I was up till 1 am last night cleaning. How weird is that?), the Habakkuk paper is pretty much finished (just needs to be fleshed out a teeny bit more) and I'm pretty sure we're on track with that whole thing (thanks to several Q&A sessions with Dr. Miller), I have the rough draft of my history paper, and all my reading for tomorrow is done. Yeah. I feel on-track and ready to go.

Julia Kasdorf came and did a poetry reading here a couple weeks, which I think I posted about earlier. Since April is National Poetry Month or something, the bookstore has a ton of poetry books in there, including two of her books. So.... Being the weak-willed poetry-loving person that I am, I got one. It's called "Sleeping Preacher," and I haven't read the whole thing yet (I'm savoring all of them like good food, and internalizing them as I go) but I like what I have read a whole lot. It's all about transitions, and focuses a lot on the transitions between life and death. I guess it might be morbid. There's a lot about marriages and deaths at any rate.

Tonight Lucy hosted us for a Roman meal. Her Latin class did a banquet thing at her professor's house and since they had leftovers, Lucy recruited us to help finish them. ... Of course we were totally reluctant to eat any good Roman food. = D

Alright then. I'm off to work some more on my history paper, and possibly read something fun a little later. I don't want to go to work, but it does help pay for life so.... Well, first things first. Tata all!

No comments: