Monday, March 14, 2005

Supreme Irritation, Not To Mention PMS

PMS: Possible Murder Suspect

This morning I woke up irritated. My first thought, as I was getting up, was not to get up. My second thought was the stand in the center of campus and scream profanity at the top of my lungs.

Then I realized there is no center of campus. Yes, my day was off to a wonderful start.

The irritation continued. I was irritated by my professors, by my fellow students, by their skill, by the current art project, and by my own incompetency. I was irritated by the temperature both inside and out. I was irritated by having to take notes. I was irritated when people talked. I was irritated when they didn't talk. I was irritated by my own irritation.

However, during Life Fitness, somewhere in the midst of my irritation with having to exercise, the girls gossiping in the locker room, the cold water, the slow swimmers, the fast swimmers, and the lifeguards, something happened. Somewhere in among all the swimming (and swimming..... and swimming.... and swimming....) my irritation lessened. And I began to feel remorseful.

And so, due to a certified Life Fitness miracle, I am apologizing to all and sundry. To everyone I sniped at the in past day and a half, I'm sorry. To all those I ranted at in the past day and a half, I'm sorry. I apologize to my professors, my fellow students, the very instruments of schoolwork I mentally berated this morning, and to the pool for violating its quiet sanctity with my grumbling angry thoughts. I apologize to Persephone for such a gross misuse of her powers this morning, when I posted that other abominable rant.

To Jenn and Steven: I apologize. Fight away. It's none of my business. I can only offer up (as an excuse for my behavior) the newly-realized fact of my femininity, and therefore my tendency to extreme PMS. Feel free to lambast me.

Rejoice, all! I am no longer irritated by the fact that the sky is blue. I am no longer irritated by the fact that there is no center of campus for me to shout profanity from. In fact, I no longer even feel the urge to shout profanity. Rejoice, for I am no longer irritated by my own existence.

Which brings me to a caveat for all those people unfortunate enough to have to deal with me in the next two days: Don't provoke me, OK? You should stick to safe questions when you see me - which would ideally be no questions at all. Chatter on about your day, and allow me my PMSing silence. I am not capable of behaving sanely at the moment, so if you ask me about the weather, you may just get a rant about the weather, the weatherman, China, politics, and sweatshops in East Asia. The question "How are you?" may result in a blank stare of hatred, followed by a lot of running around and screaming. Which could possibly be followed by an axe murder. Don't provoke me. That said, I admit that I don't actually have any friends here who would deliberately provoke me (at least I don't think so). But for your own safety, it would be particularly wise of you to take heed of my warning.

Quote stuck in my head: "I've decided I have raging hormones. I really want to make out with a guy, and I really think that's not normal."

Song stuck in my head:
Sun's up, uuh huh, looks okay
the world survives into another day
and I'm thinking about eternity
some kind of ecstasy got a hold on me.

I had another dream about lions at the door
they weren't half as frightening as they were before
but I'm thinking about eternity
some kind of ecstasy got a hold on me.

Walls windows trees, waves coming through
you be in me and I'll be in you
together in eternity
some kind of ecstasy got a hold on me...

Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay
One of these days we're going to sail away,
going to sail into eternity
some kind of ecstasy got a hold on me
and I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...

Oh, and I thought this was kind of appropriate....

grim travellers in dawn skies
see the beauty -- makes you cry inside
makes you angry and you don't know why
grim travellers in dawn skies


11 comments:

Mackenzie said...

And, for all you annoying people out there who might see the word "ecstasy" and completely flip, it's a song from the olden days, when ecstasy (if it had even been invented) was not widely known or used. Get over it.

jemmo said...

I definitely vote for finding a random spot on campus and shouting profanity. Of course, I'm trying to give up profanity, myself. Not sure if you call that hypocrisy or what... yeah...

Mackenzie said...

You were warned!

Mackenzie said...

And the Jenn surfaces! All the peasants rejoice even more! = )

Anonymous said...

*much rejoicing*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mackenzie said...

I like that phrase.... "c'est pas tes onions".... idiomatic or no, it's funny.

Please refrain from anymore comments that I'm forced to delete OK? My fingers are getting quite tired with the unaccustomed exercise.

jemmo said...

Yeah, um, what IS with all the deleted comments? Does somebody (or lots of somebodies) have a dirty mouth... er, keyboard... er, whatever?

Mackenzie said...

Um.... well, if you'll recall, a couple days ago I declared that this was a family oriented blog. G-rated so to speak. I should maybe reiterate that a little more strongly.... They weren't quite g-rated....

jemmo said...

You like... potties?

Captain Shar said...

Keep up the good work, Mackenzie. And Jess, I like funny French. Just not swearing French.