Saturday, March 05, 2005

Miscellaneous

.... [awkward silence]

For once I don't think I have anything to say.

Watched Napoleon Dynamite commentary tonight with my brothers and Mom, had milkshakes. Didn't think much all day, therefore the lack of reflection in this blog post. Read about 700 pages. Discovered that I love Lloyd Alexander, but his gollum-esque character irks me. Very much a Tolkien rip-off. Quiz meet this morning was fun. The B quizzers are so cute.... Everyone give a collective "awwwww...." Discovered that, as a spectator, quizzing makes me feel weird - should probably analyze why but don't have the energy.

Actually, I don't even seem to have the energy to talk in full sentences.

Goodnight all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you read the entire Prydain Series in one day? I do agree with you on Gurgi being a rip-off. A fascinating book series though. Let me warn you though. If you read it, don't read anything else that Lloyd Alexander has written. He has a horrid formula. After the Prydain series, all his other book seem the same.....*gag*

Andrew said...

700 pages in one day? That beats my record! Well, unless you count Tom Clancy books, but they're popular and simplistic. I guess I had better sit down with "The Three Musketeers" tommorow. Then we'll see who's read more... mwahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

i like napoelon dynamite! vote perdo!

Mackenzie said...

No, not the entire Prydain series. The first and the last. I read um.... The Iron Ring of his a while back, and I liked it, but I think you're right about it being sort of formulaic.

How long IS the Three Musketeers?

Andrew said...

628 pages... Fine. I'll read Three Musketeers and... The Picture of Dorian Gray (200+ really small pages). Oh, and if people haven't read Dorian Gray, do. If you like twisted Oscar Wilde works.