Wednesday, March 30, 2005

72 Hours Past

If I wait much longer, I'll have to title this post "The Week Past." Oh how the mighty updaters have fallen.....

A lot has happened in the past 72 hours, a lot more than I have words to write about, but I'm going to give it a shot. If a lot of stream-of-consciousness gibberish results, you can just stop reading.

I went to Shannon's house for Easter day, and that was cool. We definitely drove a lot at night. I slept most of the time though, so I don't actually remember most of it. We hunted for Easter baskets, and her family was really sweet and made me an Easter basket too! I was like, awwww.... So that was cool.

I sat on my glasses last night and bent the frames and popped the lenses out. Thank goodness I was able to fix them. So that's all good now again, but at 2:00 am my Monday was off to a wonderful start.

I talked to Mom on the phone today and it turns out that Dad is having burning sensations in his arms and torso now instead of just in his legs and feet. I'm sort of bewildered by that. Dad was supposed to be getting better, not worse. I keep thinking of Bible class, and Dr. Miller's expoundation (is that a word? Expounding?) of the way God sometimes works - sometimes bringing an individual to the point of absolute despair - where they can't rely on themselves any more, and then he carries them. I don't want Dad to have to hurt any more. I don't understand how this can possibly glorify God, and to be honest I'm a little bit ticked off. Why can't life be easy?

This afternoon I hung out with Liz. She's publicity for Nickel and Dimed, Messiah's spring show, and she was like, "Hey, you want to come help me hang posters?" and I was like, "Sure." So we went and hung posters. This involved incredible contortions of will. Liz borrowed a car from Nicole, an upperclassman theatre major, we found a map at a Turkey Hill gas station, got Liz's license, the posters, tape, and set out. Two people from very far away states, driving someone else's car, on a rainy day, to find random businesses which would allow posters advertising the play to be hung on their premises. Yes, a recipe for hilarity. My sense of the absurd was thoroughly tickled. We found our way to a Turkey Hill and a Weis first, put up posters, then found our way to 15. After which we found ourselves back at the exact same Turkey Hill and Weis (Note to self: get a sense of direction). Then we found our way back to 15, got off in Mechanicsburg, and got out of the car. And walked. In the rain. Up and down Main Street. We hung several posters. We also got thoroughly soaked. (Note to self: Fast food restaurants do not hang posters.)

Then, on Tuesday, I went again to hang posters, this time with Shannon's car and on my own. I didn't get lost thank goodness, and I got rid of 10 posters. Yay! I was also up until 1:30 - 2:00 am-ish last night studying for my Bible exam, which I took this afternoon. I think it went OK.

I had to use power tools this morning, and I was a little worried that I wasn't quite conscious enough. But it worked out fine, and I'm on a roll! This project is going to be quite easy now that I've got a decent design....

This evening I have rehearsal for the School of Humanities chapel tomorrow. Lucy needed people to help with singing some hymns. I'm got a great singer, but I'm willing and have the free time, so she took me as a volunteer. And.... of course work tonight.

Oh! And I got my anthropology exam back.... not great, but not bad. I need to somehow decipher his handwriting and then possibly go argue with him. I apparently used too much absolute language.... I didn't know they could count off for that.

So yeah, that's been the past couple of days, in highly abbreviated form. The weather yesterday and today was absolutely gorgeous. It's almost t-shirt weather. I definitely want to go study outside, or possibly just sleep in the sun. I'm really tired. Sleeping sounds really good. 14 hours of sleep in two days isn't bad, but it's quite definitely not enough.

No comments: