Sunday, May 07, 2006

so i guess that means i'm done?

I can't think of anything more to do to my painting. So I guess that means I'm done?

...I think I'll go down tomorrow after my exams and take a look at it again just to make sure, and especially to make sure I like the thumb (which I just added).

I feel kind of guilty, actually, that I think I'm done so early. I couldn't have put in more than 35 hours on it all told.

I think I'm really just frightened about this painting because it dropped in my lap. I'm afraid to touch it, becuase if I touch it, whatever-it-is-that's-made-this-painting-so-much-better- than-my-other-paintings might stop. I'm afrait to not touch it, because what if I'm not serving the work well enough (which, interestingly enough, no artists ever talk about, but lots of writers do...)? I'm afraid to show people at the crit, because I feel like I had no control over most of the painting. It just happened, and I was just a bystander. And the few decisions that I did make are the ones I'm afraid people won't like. Or maybe they'll criticize me because I had so little control over what happened. Yich! OK then. I'm going to stop freaking out and not think about it until tomorrow. In the meantime, packing.

No comments: