Friday, May 05, 2006

"no, no! i cant figure that out... i just need a thesaurus, a slide-rule and some LSD."

one of my photographs got accepted into the juried student show this summer! aaaaaaahhhhh!

Deep breath. Must be calm for work study interview in half an hour. Hmmmm....

So I'm really excited. A lot of stuff was submitted, and a lot of it was two-dimensional, so I'm really excited that I got in. Granted, I think the faculty votes according to the best pieces they saw in each class, and I don't know how many sophomores submitted things, but in any case I'm really really excited. And really glad that I decided to just go for it and submit. I'm really really excited. Can you tell? Really excited.

And on the flip side, I'm really nervous that all my peers and all those adorable little incoming freshman will see my work next fall at the big DOVA meeting. Mainly I'm worried they'll think I'm a lousy craftsman. Which, frankly, might be fair; I'm only mediocre. But there were some definite flaws in presentation. anyway. All this is to say, I'm excited. So excited that I'm about to explode. And in lieu of exploding, I'm blogging. I mean, I write about all the frustrating or irritating things that happen, so it seems like a nice change to tell you all about something nice that's happening. So you're all fantastic for listening this long.

Au revoir!
Mackenzie

2 comments:

Liz said...

YYEEAHH!!!!!

You rock my face, my socks, AND my world.

Captain Shar said...

nice -- nice -- nice -- art in show, good news on blog