Monday, May 15, 2006

"out of the pen of slavish / adoration into wilderness"

That quote has almost nothing to do with this post, except that it's in the post. Miranda Field (who wrote it) is difficult. I don't know if I hate her or love her yet. But I'm going to know this book, whichever it turns out to be. (and here I'm going to type more words, because if I don't, that 'be' will be sitting on a line all by itself, lonely-like, and it's irritating.)

Whew. Work. It's busy. I'm learning a lot. I think it'll only be a week or so though until I've got most of it down, which is nice. They keep commenting that I'm catching on quick. To me a week does not seem quick. But maybe it is.

So. Apparently there's a whole pseudo-intellectual vocabulary that we use at school. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say we've developed our own sort of pseudo-intellectual colloquialisms. Which is kiiiinda freaky. It especially happens when we talk about faith. Has anybody noticed that? Just a simple statement of belief, if not couched in certain phraseology or "ifs" or qualifications sounds... dumb. It sounds un-intellectual. I think they're secretly trying to mold us into elitists of some sort... and by "they" I mean the school administration. It's third on their to-do list, right after committing environmental travesties.

I thought that if I wrote a page every day, I'd have what, ninety pages of writing done after the summer? But I'm scared to make that kind of commitment. And before I start writing I should probably finish unpacking all my clothes. And I should probably also start doing art things too. Maybe photography? I had lots of ideas, but I'm getting the summer lazies. I thought maybe getting a job would give me enough routine to stay productive, but I guess not. Or maybe I should give it more time. I've only been home what, four days? and working two.

And now I'm babbling, because I'm kinda sleepy. (Don't laugh. I'm allowed to get sleepy at 10 over the summer.) So goodnight.

No comments: