Monday, February 07, 2005

Oh what I wouldn't give....

Why is it that springtime weather, or anything approaching, creates in me a compulsion to listen to Vivaldi? Lots and lots of Vivaldi. To a lesser degree I also feel compelled to listen to Elgar. And I feel a strange craving for fresh fruit. Mmm.... Fresh strawberries.... I love strawberries....

I have, for your gastronomic enjoyment today, some random quotes from Dr. Miller, my Bible professor. No, don't run away. They're good ones, really. You'll like them.

[about living in Jerusalem during the First Gulf War]
"...and we'd sit there playing uno with our gas masks on...."

[the sequel]
"...and when we moved back to the states, our kids were the only kids on the block who had a genuine gas mask. It made for lots of fun at show and tell...."

[describing our possible viewpoints]
"...wow.... old testament stuff is weird...."

[And possibly even a profound one....]
"Our default seeting to the presence of God was meant to be 'Abba!' and we'd run into His arms. Now, as a result of rebellion, our default setting is 'Hide!' "

Anyway, I thought it was hilarious how he pictured us as having 'default settings'.

(Stop it Mackenzie! There are no fresh strawberries! Stop thinking about them!)

3 comments:

jemmo said...

Oh, but there are fresh strawberries. Lots and lots of fresh strawberries. You like fresh strawberries. You want fresh strawberries. You need fresh strawberries.

You know, that phrase can get really annoying to type over and over and over again.

Right, sorry; randomness tends to hit around 10:30 and doesn't go away until I sleep. Speaking of randomness, I have a random Aaron-and-Brandon-are-idiots story for you. Remind me some time.

Yay for spring! Yay for rain! Not so much yay for mud, though...

Mackenzie said...

[Jess]
... she thanks her Jesus for the daisies and the roses in no simple language. someday she'll understand the meaning of it all (it's more than the laughter or the stars in the heavens, as close as a heartbeat or a song on her lips)...

[Jenn]
I wanna hear the silly Aaron and Brandon are morons story! Tellmetellmetellme! I love those kinds of stories!

Liz said...

Hahaha!! Yeah. Professor Miller. Gotta love him. Elgar...ever heard "The Snow"? I think that's Elgar. We sang it two years ago in choir (and we liked it a lot), and we're singing it this semester in women's ensemble. kinda weird.