Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Trip Home

My trip home was OK. I sat in the airport for about three hours. The plane to Altanta got delayed by bad weather, leaving me about five minutes to make it to my connecting flight. Luckily the connecting flight was also delayed. I made it to the gate just as it was supposed to be departing, but they had not yet begun boarding. They were overbooked and asked for three volunteers to wait until the next morning to fly. At last, after about half an hour, we boarded the plane. After boarding, we sat for an hour, as they put more fuel in the plane due to bad weather in Huntsville. Then they decided the plane was too heavy, and asked for seven more volunteers to wait for a flight the next morning. After quite a wait, they got the volunteers and filled out the paperwork, and we finally took off. So by the time I got into the Huntsville airport it was one in the morning AL time (2 am PA time). Then it took us an hour to drive home, and once we reached home I had to raid the fridge for a snack. Then Mom and I talked for a while, and we thought we were being quiet, but apparently not because everyone else in the house heard us and was complaining about it this morning. We had donuts for breakfast at around 10 (AL time) and all was good.

Yay for being home!

No comments: