Monday, November 22, 2004

Mouse Adventures, Part 3

(Yes, there's actually a mouse in this one)

I slept peacefully and deeply after my introduction to Mouse. In fact, I slept so deeply and peacefully that I didn't get up for church the next morning. I'm not sure if I was so flustered by course registration that I didn't set my alarm, or if I turned it off in my sleep. Regardless, I did not make it to church, but slept until ten the next morning (oh rapturous bliss!).

I puttered around for a while, actually trying to get homework done but despite all my valiant efforts at productivity, I failed dismally. Nothing of real consequence got done.

And so my roommate found me, desperately trying to draw and write a research paper simultaneously.

[Just kidding. I was listening to music and reading.]

[Don't look at me like that! I just took a break! I really did work hard earlier!]

I asked how her weekend went, and broke the rodent news as gently as I possibly could. She didn't scream thank goodness (We have enough of that from the field hockey girls next door) but her eyes got big, and she said something to the tune of "CRAP!" We talked it over and hopefully decided that since the door of our room was open, the mouse must've run out into the hall, down three flights of stairs, and into the waiting arms of Mufasa, our RD's cat.

Hey, it might've happened.

We went on with our lives, little suspecting what was to come.



No comments: