Monday, November 22, 2004

Mouse Adventures, Part 1

Saturday night, after watching "The Garden State" with some friends, I retreated to my room for my customary close-to-midnight cookie. Cookies made possible by Grandma.

Upon opening my closet (where I keep my food box), I saw that the foil was open on my cookie container. What? Did I leave it open? I shrugged, and reaching in, caught hold of the container. Out jumped a funny-looking brown thing about four inches long. It leapt almost into my arms, hit the floor and scurried behind my dresser.

A mouse? Did I just see a MOUSE?!?!

A mouse was just eating my cookies! Crap! Now I can't eat them!

So I threw out the few remaining cookies, lamenting my bad fortune, but rejoicing in the fact that I'd already eaten most of them before the mouse got there. I made a short mental note to get mouse traps and break the news gently to my roommate when she got back from a weekend at home. Then, thinking nothing more about it, I went to bed.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: