Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I really want someone to tell me to just calm down, you can make good images if you set your mind to it. Just focus and work, and all will be well.

Right.

1) I don't feel like I can make good images, primarily because 2) I don't know what a good image is anymore, if I ever knew in the first place. 3) I feel like I don't know anyone that I could ask for that kind of affirmation and still get an honest, direct answer. Also, 4) I'm so freaked out at the thought of even trying to make an image that, well, I freak out and can't. I look at a blank page and fall pretty much to pieces.

This is going to be a long week, and all you lucky blog readers are going to get all my whining. You may want to discontinue regular reading for about a week. Or make that until Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Captain Shar said...

Not that I'm the sort of person that could tell you much about art, but I think art is the right major for you. After supper today, you talking about how papers aren't really your thing, but you liked most of your art classes - I think that says something.

jemmo said...

You can make good images! I'm not sure what 'images' are, unless you mean pictures (please don't massacre the non-art major). But I do know that you're my favourite artist.

PS - I bought a rose for my roommate today, because of everything she's had to deal with. I wish I could send you one, too, but I doubt it would survive the trip. So I merely send love and confidence, and The Stick of Beating for anyone who says you can't make images, whatever these 'images' may be.

Mackenzie said...

Hahaha... I have to say, after finding out that I'm the proud owner of the Stick of Beating, I felt much much better. And yes, "Images" is the fancy word art majors use for pictures, because "pictures" is sort of restrictive to things that are pictoral (meaning non-abstract), and it implies flatness. Or something like that. Maybe we just want to feel special.

And frankly, I feel like I've never gotten a better compliment than that.