Monday, November 21, 2005

people who believe in absurdities will eventually commit atrocities

- Voltaire

Free your normal side from the prison of absurdity in which it now dwells. I just realized: I haven't seen my dad's side of the family in a while. Maybe I should make an effort to act normal while I'm at Grandma & Grandpa's house. But that would mean no motions, no "glee!", no D&D or pop culture references. Not even any nerdy subculture references. Even art major references would be out of the question, and no Baloney Sauce-ing of artistic meanings from the remains of a meal. That's sort of sad, but I must have a normal side somewhere, deep inside... right? Breathe deeply, calm your mind, and feel the normalcy being freed from its shackles. Let it flow over you like silver rain....

I'm so totally excited. Yes, I'm fully aware that sounds like a valley girl, and no I don't particularly care. Today, Monday, is a Friday. It's the last day of classes for me. A 1-day week. I mean heck, who wouldn't be excited?

I'm off to pack, and other fun stuff like that. And maybe some just plain frolicking is in order.

2 comments:

jemmo said...

Have good time; say hi to any cousins/aunts/uncles/grandparents/random hangers-on who might remember me! Yes, you can tell your mum all about the Boy. I already told Mum; she flipped; she's probably about to tell your mum anyway.

brenderlin said...

Good lord, Mackenzie. Be normal, don't be BORING...