Thursday, November 10, 2005

You Know,

I think "conspiracy theory" may just be the perfect way to describe Jane Eyre. And papers about Jane Eyre. And heck, papers in general.

That's right ladies and gentlemen - I'm procrastinating writing my papers. The good thing is, I'm doing research for another paper while I'm procrastinating writing the other two. So I'm technically not procrastinating - and yet I am. What a wonderful paradox.

I again didn't make it out of bed this morning for chapel, but hey, I figure I have a good excuse. And there are, thank heavens, plenty of alternate chapels left in the semester.

It's such a great feeling to look at the syllabi of your classes and realize: "Hey! There're only like, seven more entries here! Look how close we are to the end of the semester!" ...and then I realize just how much work is entailed in those last few weeks and start flipping out. I'm employing my best coping techniques; the primary one being to not think very hard about anything and most especially what I have to do after I get this other thing done or how darn badly I'm completing these assignments. Just one thing at a time, one breath at a time, one paper and project at a time. Personally, I find it ironic that the attribute which got me into trouble to begin with - that of not thinking ahead as hard as I possibly could, is the one which is now keeping me sane. Hm. There has to be something symbolic about that, but I don't have time to figure out what. I have to write a glass about Jane Eyre - motifs that develop a theme. Bleah. Poop on Jane Eyre.

Today has been an exciting day.... or rather yesterday was. But not for me, so don't ask any more questions. Happiness out to a general direction that will know the happiness is directed towards it.

No comments: