Saturday, November 19, 2005

twelve hours of sleep? yes please i would

And that makes me totally happy. I have done nothing really worthwhile this morning, but that in itself makes me happy. Oh, I'll motivate myself eventually. Just not right now. I like the peace of not thinking about responsibilities.

----------------------------------------------------

Not a knife throw from here you can hear the night train passing
That's the sound somebody makes when they're getting away
Leaving next week's hanging jury far behind them
Prisoner only of the choices they've made

Night train

Ice cube in a dark drink shines like starlight
The moon is floating somewhere out at sea
On an island in the blur of noise and color
Alcatraz, St. Helena, Patmos and the Chateau D'If


Anyone can die here they do it every day
It doesn't take much effort tho it goes against the grain
And the ultimate forgetfulness of violence
Sweeps the landscape like a headlight of a train

Night train

Ice cube in a dark drink shines like star light
Starlight shines like glass shards in dark hair
And the mind's eye tumbles out along the steel track
Fixing every shadow with its stare

1 comment:

jemmo said...

Hi. I miss you. Happy Thanksgiving. That's all.