Tuesday, November 29, 2005

not as good as in ice-cream cone, but better than a sharp stick in the eye

I found that quote while surfing around yesterday, and I totally loved it. In case nobody noticed, I thought I would point out that it's now the new subtitle-thing of my blog. For good, as far as I know.

Philosophy can die. And you know what? Theology can die too. And you know what else? Papers. Papers can die. And research. Research can totally die.

What? Did I use up my fifteen seconds of ranting time already? Are you sure I can't have more? Really? That's all I'm alloted? That sucks.

I'm really really excited about this weaving project I have in mind, so I hope that I can make it really darn good. It's always totally sad when you have something really strongly in mind and then it comes out... bad. I think that's why I enjoy little fiddly-projects best. Because you just take whatever materials are on hand, do whatever comes randomly into your head, switch it around, let the materials sort of dictate what you try to accomplish, and viola! Something you don't hate. Yes, it's an encouraging process. I think, though, that this is a sign of my immaturity as an artist and as a human being. And that is sad. = (

Wish me luck, ladies and gents, as I embark on the next 16 days. I have three major weaving projects (four if you count the one I'm determined to do just for fun), two major color & design projects, a major theology paper (at least 7 pages long, and researched), two philosophy tests (besides the final of course), and the English 108 comprehensive exam to study for. Plus all the usual reading and glosses. Yeah. I'd say that's enough to keep anyone busy. But I'm rested, so here we go.

No comments: