Monday, November 28, 2005

"if we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life

it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence."
- George Eliot

So, I got the Unaugmented Tongue paper back, finally, for the really really last time ever, and it's good news. And I'll get my favorite poem project back on Wednesday, and the analysis of Scholarship paper back on Friday. So hopefully those will be good too.

T. S. Eliot was one freaking scary man. Scary-looking, that is. For some reason, perhaps penance for not liking all his famous and supposedly great poetry, I'm doing my "Fame and Garbage" project on him. The fame part is T. S. Eliot. The garbage part is the requirements we're given for making the image. Supposedly it's to get us used to working with an unreasonable tyrant of a client. Whatever. We could have been given a lot worse requirements. In fact, we have been given a lot worse requirements; it was just our professors being tyrannical clients.

It sort of feels like I haven't left college, except that I feel more rested and am looking forward to the end of the semester. I may not like being back here doing homework again, but at least I feel like I have energy to make it to the end of the semester. Only two more weeks of class, and then finals, and then J-term! Creative Writing! Woohoo!

Well, I'm off to work on T. S. Eliot's scary face. Wish me luck.

No comments: