Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's school - aren't you so super excited?!

I've come to the conclusion, after much fidgeting around and denying of the issue, that one of my extracurriculurs has to go. I have yet to decide which one. More on this later.

I've also decided that I like Professor Finch a lot. A lot a lot. He's hilarious, even though he sounds like he's an extremely demanding teacher. I think I'm going to have a lot of those this semester. Dr. Downing, who reportedly gives people D's on their first papers, Professor Baker who won't put up with any crap, Professor Finch who demands the best and more, Professor Forsythe who expects all our time to be devoted to weaving, oh, and wait, I haven't even met one of my professors yet.

I just keep thinking of what Mom always says: sometimes it's the really hard, demanding, difficult professors that make you. And by "make you," I seem to mean that they're the ones who draw out of you more than you thought you had. More talent, more hard work, more skill. So, here's to hoping that I have some talent, some skill, and some work ethic to be drawn out by these hard, demanding professors. And here's to hoping that some of them are not as hard as they seem.

At least I'm not taking three studios like Kelsey and Stef.

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

I actually spent the first few minutes after reading your comment, not laughing as you suppose, but trying desperately to remember what I said in the last post, what professor you were talking about, and why on earth he would sound steamy.

Life is hectic here. My brains be turned off.